ALL-IN-ONE MOBILE 3D COLOR SCANNING AND PROCESSING SYSTEM
Kaarta Contour enables 3D modeling from input to output in real time, offering a significant speed advantage over terrestrial laser scanners along with the flexibility to capture tight and complex spaces. Kaarta’s advances in localization and real-time and on-board processing rapidly and accurately turn the captured data into information that can be used to speed the modeling workflow.
MAPPING ON THE MOVE
A WHOLE NEW APPROACH TO REALITY CAPTURE
Lightweight and battery–powered, Contour is hand carried through an environment as it scans to generate a 3D map without any additional infrastructure. A typical 10,000 sq m (110,000 sq ft) space can be scanned in about 2.5 hours. Freed from a fixed position tripod, Contour can capture tight and complex spaces never before possible.
REAL TIME VIEWING AND CONTROL
Contour’s onboard touchscreen enhances ease and usability. The screen displays the model as it’s being built to provide immediate knowledge of the environment. The ability to pause while scanning or set key poses and resume from those poses gives the user maximum control during the capture process, especially useful when there is limited time or access to a site.
INTELLIGENT ASSISTANCE TO GET THE SCAN RIGHT
Confidence Metrics provide immediate feedback on the quality of scans by signaling whether new scan data is registered properly in the existing map, estimating the likelihood of errors and allowing the user to increase the level of confidence by adjusting data collection techniques or adjusting parameters. Confidence levels can be set in rough, medium and high definition modes (and can be changed on the fly) to adapt to the desired speed and conditions of capture and the required output. New features including HD Camera and Feature Tracking View help the user ensure the fidelity of the data for the most efficient and accurate BIM modeling outcome.
COLORIZED POINT CLOUDS
Kaarta Contour’s integrated post-processing enables one-click cleanup and colorization of datasets, using images from the onboard high resolution color camera to create an RGB colorized point cloud. These colorization capabilities make it possible to quickly capture and process color detail to reveal features such as surface textures and colors, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing features, or even details as fine as the text on signage or labeling.
Kaarta continues to provide rich and sophisticated software updates, all free to existing and new customers.
• Transition Mapping Mode dramatically eliminates many alignment issues associated with room transitions such as doorways during scanning. Other transitions such as the “opening up” at the end of an aisle in a warehouse, turns in hallways, and stairwells all benefit from this new feature.
• Stop Adding Points prevents the unwanted addition of a moving object, such as a person entering the scanning area, to the model. It also can be used in difficult transitions while scanning such as turning around in a narrow space, opening a door, or retracing through an already mapped space.
• Expandable Camera View allows the user to customize the on screen view to suit the application.
• Save Color Images enables tagging and labeling of color images and is particularly useful for capturing notes during scanning.
• Scan Detail includes an array of information about the scan, cover photos, editable notes fields, viewing, converting and copying file management functions, and access to post-processing functions for colorization.
• Improved Startup Initialization intelligently builds a better base for the mapping process, reduces early errors, and provides better gravity alignment.
• Resume/Replay allows you to load and extend the current map or replay the scan.
• Color Imaging improved auto-exposure responds to varying lighting conditions.
• Error Reporting during scanning alerts users if there is a mapping sensor failure or processing failure and will automatically pause and rewind to the last good mapping result, allowing the user to try to resume or end the scan and save the already scanned data.
Kaarta Engine, Kaarta’s patent-pending advanced 3D mapping and localization algorithms, is at the heart of Contour, providing highly accurate and robust maps.Contour is ideal for scanning as-built multi-room interiors, multi-floor plans, buildings, industrial plants and infrastructure and more for both planning and maintenance purposes.